Dr. Brian Davies ND, BSc
About the Author
As a graduate of the University of Victoria, Dr. Davies focused on nutritional biochemistry, biology, physiology and psychology with additional time and training as a volunteer with adolescents, geriatrics, and patients of the Victoria Arthritis Society. Dr. Davies completed his post-graduate studies at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in Toronto, Ontario.
In addition to his training in Naturopathic Medicine, Dr. Davies works in the area of functional medicine to support individualized treatment programs for his clients. Functional medicine uses laboratory-based evaluations and other testing techniques to help determine the specific biochemical needs of a person. Functional medicine can consistently maximize medical treatment outcomes while minimizing treatment requirements to help clients save time and money achieving their health goals.
Dr. Brian Davies also practices primary and preventative family medicine in Vancouver, with special interests in hormonal, immune and gastrointestinal conditions. His focus is primarily on lifestyle modifications, with the addition of nutraceutical, botanical, homeopathic and pharmaceutical interventions as needed.
Dr. Davies has a strong belief that the body has the power to heal itself and that people’s lifestyles play a key role in health management. Dr. Davies will help to empower each individual person with new skills to achieve their health goals.
- University of Victoria; Undergraduate; Biochemistry; Psychology – 2000
- CCNM; Post-graduate; Naturopathic Doctor – 2006
- Advanced cardiovascular life support and intubation (ACLS)
- Intravenous therapy
- Chelation therapycupuncture
- Pharmacology Darkfield microscopy
- Microcurrent therapyllergy
- Allergy elimination
- Westcoast Integrative Health Inc, 2006; Founder and president; – Integrative and Functional Medicine Clinic focused on digestive, auto-immune and mental health conditions.
- SIBO Testing and Treatment Clinic, 2015; Founder; – The first private testing and integrative treatment clinic for SIBO in Canada.
Publications and media:
- The Georgia Straight; Feature, Cryotherapy, 2016
- Integrated Health Practitioner; Feature, Practice Review, 2015
- Viva magazine; Feature writer, Health expert, 2008 to 2014
- NDNR; Published twice 2006 and 2007
- Bag Media – Buy.O.Logic – Television Show
- Howe Street Media – “The Dr Brian Show” Pilot
- Also Featured in the Vancouver Wellness Show, Newspaper articles
Current Networks and Associations:
- British Columbia Naturopathic Association
- Canadian Association of Naturopathic Doctors
- College of Naturopathic Physicians of BC
- American College for Advancement in Medicine
- Orthomolecular Society of Canada
- Health Action Network
- Functional Medicine University