• Heart health
Serving Size: 1 Softgel... %DV
Coenzyme Q10 (ubiquinone-10)... 100 mg†
Organic coconut oil VSoftgel: purified water, glycerin, tapioca starch, sunflower oil derived vitamin E tocopherols
† Daily Value not established
What Is It?
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a fat-soluble, vitamin-like nutrient that helps produce energy in all cells of the body, hence the name ubiquinone because it is ubiquitous. Coenzyme Q10 is formulated as a powder-filled vegi-capsule and should be taken with food to ensure proper absorption. CoQ Plus should also be taken with food, but it is formulated as an oil-based softgel for better absorption.
What Does It Do?
Primary Uses: CoQ10 supports cellular energy production and mitochondrial function, being one of the most important and modifiable factors in the production of ATP (cellular energy) in the mitochondria. Mitochondrial dysfunction and CoQ10 deficiencies have been implicated in many conditions such as fatigue, fibromyalgia, cardiovascular problems, neurodegenerative diseases and more. CoQ10 is also noted for its powerful antioxidant activity, and keeps other antioxidants in their reduced active states.
Secondary Uses: Doctors have been using CoQ10 concurrently with standard heart medications for the last four decades. Statin medications especially are known to reduce CoQ10 levels in the body.
Who Should Take It?
The aging and elderly would greatly benefit from adding CoQ10 to their diet. Those dealing with cardiovascular issues or taking statin medications should speak to their doctor about supplementing with CoQ10. Athletes or those dealing with fatigue would also benefit from CoQ10 to boost energy levels.
Why Vsoftgel™ ?
Manufactured with a patent pending technology, Vsoftgels™ offer superior advantages that vegans/vegetarians can now benefit from. One of the biggest advantages of offering nutrients in a softgel is that softgels allow for better bioavailability of active ingredients. Inside a softgel, fat soluble nutrients, such as CoQ10, can be suspended in an oil base which optimizes their potential for absorption in the gastrointestinal tract. Vsoftgels™ offers these benefits to suit every lifestyle.
Vsoftgels™ - Discover the Benefits
• Softgels - which are generally oil or liquid based - are better absorbed in the body than solid ingredients delivered through capsules or tablets, allowing for greater delivery of essential nutrients.
• Some vitamins and nutrients are fat soluble, which means that they need to be in the presence of an oil in order to dissolve. Taking these vitamins and nutrients in softgel form increases their effectiveness.
• Softgels are a flexible one piece capsule that are easier to swallow and offer better protection from environmental conditions (e.g. light, humidity and oxygen), ensuring that sensitive ingredients are safe from degradation.
• Ingredients with strong odours or flavours are better masked when delivered in softgel form, and individuals often report reduced stomach discomfort.
• The introduction of the comprehensive Vsoftgel™ family of softgels to the natural health product industry is critical because it allows vegans and vegetarians to take advantage of the benefits that softgel technology - historically gelatin based - has to offer.
Take 1 softgel one to three times daily with/without food, or as directed by a qualified health care practitioner.
CAUTION: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastdeeding or taking blood thinners or blood pressure medication.
Disclaimer: This content is subject to change. The information is intended to inform and educate; it does not replace the medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional. www.nhpassist.com © 2014 NDAssist Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.