• Helps you fall asleep more quickly
• Works in harmony with your body's natural sleep hormones
• Promotes restful sleep, so you wake refreshed and alert
• Induces relaxation and lowers the body's response to stress
• Enteric-coated softgels for maximum absorption
Each Softgel Contains:
Suntheanine® L-Theanine …100 mg …5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) (Griffonia simplicifolia) (seed) …15 mg
Melatonin …1.5 mg
Softgel (gelatin, glycerin, purified water), organic flaxseed oil, yellow beeswax, non-GMO sunflower lecithin, enteric coating (purified water, ethylcellulose, medium chain triglycerides, oleic acid, sodium alginate, purified stearic acid).
• Statistics Canada's Canadian Community Health Survey says that an estimated 3.3 million Canadians over the age of 15 suffer from insomnia. Insomnia is a debilitating problem and is characterized by difficulty falling asleep and maintaining sleep, and where overall sleep quality is non-restorative. There is a direct relationship between quantity and quality of sleep and health problems. Over time, sleep deprivation can lead to obesity, hypertension, cardiovascular problems and diabetes, as well as mood problems, decreased productivity, and safety issues at home and on the job.
• This fast acting and very safe sleep formula can help you fall asleep more quickly, stay asleep, sleep more soundly, and wake up feeling refreshed. Tranquil Sleep combines L-Theanine with 5-HTP and melatonin. These ingredients exert a gentle yet powerfully synergistic effect to promote restful sleep and calm nervousness. These ingredients are supported by extensive research for their role in treating insomnia.
Stress-Relax®Tranquil Sleep works in harmony with the body's own natural sleep hormones to help reduce the time it takes to fall asleep, increase the quality and duration of sleep, relieve daytime fatigue, and reset the body's sleep-wake cycle.
Melatonin is a brain hormone critical for regulating the “circadian rhythm” of the body's internal clock, and triggering the onset of sleep. Low melatonin secretion at night can be a cause of insomnia. When melatonin levels are low, taking a melatonin supplement is very effective for promoting sleep.
5-hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) improves sleep by increasing the amount of serotonin in the body. Serotonin is a brain hormone required for healthy sleep. An irregular sleep schedule can reduce serotonin production, triggering a vicious circle of poor sleep, stress, depression, and fatigue. Supplemental 5-HTP is metabolized into serotonin, thereby helping the body restore a pattern of restful sleep.
L-theanine crosses the blood-brain barrier and slows the firing of nerves, resulting in relaxation and a shift to restful alpha brain wave activity, without causing drowsiness. It can also lower the heart rate and reduce the stress response.
Safe and effective Stress-Relax Tranquil Sleep helps you fall asleep faster and stay asleep, with no next-day grogginess.
90 Enteric Coated Softgels
2 softgels daily, 30–45 minutes before bedtime, or as directed by a health care practitioner. 5-HTP can cause stomach sensitivity in some people. For this reason it is recommended that you do not take this product on an empty stomach.
Birdsall, T.C. (1998). 5-Hydroxytryptophan: a clinically effective serotonin precursor.Altern Med Rev. Aug;3(4):271-80.
Kunz, D., Mahlberg, R., Mu¨ller, C., Tilmann, A., Bes, F. (2004). Melatonin in patients with reduced REM sleep duration: two randomized controlled trials.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. Jan;89(1):128-34.
Pagel, J.F., Parnes, B.L. (2001). Medications for the Treatment of Sleep Disorders: An Overview.Prim Care Companion J Clin Psychiatry.3(3):118-125.
Shirakawa, S., Ozeki, M., Juneja, L.R. (2004).The Effects Of Theanine On Sleep With Physiological Evaluation Using Actigraph.J Physiol Anthropol Appl Human Sci.23(2), 58.
Soulairac, A., Lambinet, H. (1988). [Clinical studies of the effect of the serotonin precursor,
L-5-hydroxytryptophan, on sleep disorders] [Article in French].Schweiz Rundsch Med Prax.
Disclaimer: This content is subject to change. The information is intended to inform and educate; it does not replace the medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional. www.nhpassist.com © 2014 NDAssist Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.