• Dry mouth
• Jaborandi (Pilocarpus spp.)
• Fly agaric (Amanita muscaria)
• Nervous, Digestive, Opthalmic
Mechanism of Action:
• Acetylcholine (ACh) binds to muscarinic receptors & drugs can either:
• - Bind to muscarinic receptors (Muscarinic agaonist)
• - Inhibits the breakdown of acetylcholine (Cholinesterase inhibitor)
Hoffman D. Medical Herbalism. Rochester, Vermont: Healing Arts Press, 2003.
Barnes J, Anderson LA, Phillipson JD. Herbal Medicines, 3rd ed. London: Pharmaceutical Press, 2007.
Bone K. Principles and Practice of Phytotherapy. Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone, 2000.
Bone K. A Clinical Guide to Blending Liquid Herbs: Herbal Formulations for the Individual Patient. St Louis, MO: Churchill Livingstone, 2003.
Disclaimer: This content is subject to change. The information is intended to inform and educate; it does not replace the medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional. www.nhpassist.com © 2014 NDAssist Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.