• Dry eyes: for the symptoms of burning and redness of eyes, as part of the aging process, certain medical conditions, increased use of computer screens and contact lenses. Great help after laser surgery of eyes.
• Dry mouth: Dry mouth can be a result of certain medication (thyroid, anticholinergic, etc.)
• Sjogren's syndrome: a chronic autoimmune disease causing mucosal tissue dryness
• Urogenital tract: vaginal dryness, epithelial integrity of vaginal mucosa, urinary tract infections, bladder problems
• Digestive tract: gastritis, colitis, ulcers, diverticulitis, etc.
• Respiratory tract: irritating, persisting coughs
• Dry skin: eczema, dermatitis, irritated skin from radiotherapy. The liquid can also be used topically on the skin.
• Skin elasticity: to maintain smooth, young looking skin
• Essential fatty acids + Vitamins: vegetarian source of Vitamin A, E, Omega 3, -6, -7 and -9 fatty acids for the maintenance of good health
Dosage Unit: 1 capsule 500 mg
Each capsule contains:
Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) Oil 5:1 Extract 500 mg
Omega 3 Fatty Acids – 65 mg
Omega 6 Fatty Acids – 85 mg
Omega 7 Fatty Acids – 150 mg
Omega 9 Fatty Acids – 90 mg
Vitamin E (3 IU) 2 mg ATE
Beta-Carotene 0.4 mg
Non-medicinal ingredients: Modified Corn Starch (GMO free), Glycerol, Carrageenan, Disodium
Phosphate, Sunflower Oil, Rosemary Oil.
To lubricate dry mucous membranes in the eyes, mouth, intimate area etc. To maintain healthy skin, reduce wrinkles and manage eye dryness. Omega7® Sea Buckthorn Oil Capsule is also a source of vitamin A, E and essential fatty acids for the maintenance of good health.
60 caps blister packed individually in 30 caps blisters. 2 blister strips of 30 in a carton box.
For a specific mucosal problem, like dry eyes or intimate dryness, the recommendation is to start with 4 capsules (=2 grams of oil) a day; two in the morning and two in the evening with meals. This is to feel the effect and balance the fatty acids in your body. After 2-4 weeks or when you feel the effect, it's possible to go down to two capsules per day to keep up the moisturized feeling in the mucosa and skin. Suitable also for vegans and vegetarians.
The product has been sold safely in Finland since 1997 with no reported side effects. The product is currently on the markets in 22 countries, and none of the countries have reported any clear side effects. A few customers have complained about soft stool but this symptom has disappeared over time.
Effects of SBA24 sea buckthorn oil capsules in clinical studies: Study articles published in scientific peer review –journals (only original research articles included, review articles not included) Articles related to dry eye
o Larmo P, JÄrvinen R, SetÄlÄ N, Yang B, Viitanen M, Engblom J, Tahvonen R, Kallio H. 2010 J Nutr. 140; 1462-1
o JÄrvinen R, Larmo P, SetÄlÄ N, Yang B, Engblom J, Viitanen M, Kallio H. Cornea 2011;30:1013–1019
Articles related to mucous membranes of intimate area
o Larmo P, Yang B, HyssÄlÄ J, Kallio H, Erkkola R (2014) Maturitas 79: 316–321
Articles related to skin
o Yang B, Bonfigli A, Pagani V, Isohanni T, von-Knorring Å, Jutila A, Judin V-P. (2009) J. Appl. Cosmetol. 27, 1-13
Articles related to markers associated with cardiovascular health and diabetes type 2
o Larmo P, Kangas A, Soininen P, Lehtonen H-M, Suomela J-P, Yang B, Viikari J, Ala-Korpela M, Kallio H. Am J Clin Nutr 2013;98:941–51
o Lehtonen H, J-P Suomela, R Tahvonen, B Yang, M VenojÄrvi, J Viikari, H Kallio Eur J Clin Nutr (2011) 65, 394–401
o Johansson, Korte, Yang, Stanley, Kallio. J Nutr Biochem (2000) 11: 491-495
o Suomela J-P, Ahotupa M, Yang B, Vasankari T, Kallio H (2006) J. Agric. Food Chem. 54: 7364-7369
o Lehtonen H-M, Suomela J-P, Tahvonen R, Vaarno J, VenojÄrvi M, Viikari J, Kallio H. (2010) European Journal of Clinical Nutrition: 64, 614–621
Effects of SBA24 sea buckthorn oil capsules in clinical studies: Study articles published in book series (only original research articles included, review articles not included)
o Yang B, Erkkola R. (2008) Sea buckthorn oils, mucous membranes and SjÖgren's syndrome with special reference to latest studies. In: Singh et al., editors. Seabuckthorn (Hippophae L.). A Multipurpose Wonder Plant. Vol. III: Advances in research and development. New Delhi, India: Dya Publishing House; p.254-267
Disclaimer: This content is subject to change. The information is intended to inform and educate; it does not replace the medical evaluation, advice, diagnosis or treatment by a healthcare professional. www.nhpassist.com © 2014 NDAssist Inc. and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.